Monday, May 10, 2010

asthma attack saviour

we didn't go anywhere last weekend.we stayed at home and I did my house chores as previously mentioned.Ayah had the Employees' Day Ceremony on Saturday.however, before I forgot, irfan had an asthma attack on Friday night and it actually prolong throughout the weekend.So, that's explain why we didn't plan to go to anywhere last weekend.

He got his asthma attack in the middle of night and he barely can sleep all night.pity Irfan.Everytime he coughed, I will wake up and try to comfort him.I gave him Salbutamol liquid, however, it only worked for 2 hours and after that he will start coughing again and again.He cried 'cos he can't sleep and everytime he cried, he will looked at my face with the sad look to show to me that he is suffering with his tightness chest.He got this wheezing sound which indicate me that his bronchitis is stucked.At first I want to wake Ayah up to go to the A&E Putrajaya, but after a few rub of 'Vicks' at Irfan's chest and his back, he back to sleep until 6am.Later, in the morning, Irfan still had the wheezing sound.Ayah said that he had the important day so I told him, it's OK and I can bring Irfan alone to the A&E.I packed up all his stuff, the flusk, bottle, milk, pampers, a few pair of clothes (just-in-case if we might have to stay longer at the hospital), his 'bantal busuk', inhaler, his shoes, socks and napkins.I put all of them in his nursery bag (well Irfan had a quite big nursery bag bought by Ayah due to he needs to bring his inhaler and chamber everyday to the nursery) so I have my two hands to lift Irfan up(his nursery bag I carry at my back).Even though he can walk already, I won't take any risk as he will get worst if he being active.So, after packed up all the stuff, I went straight away to the hospital.After arrived, we went straight away to the Triage Centre.I told the Medical Officer that Irfan had an asthma attack and she brought us directly to the Neb centre.At that time, Irfan eyes was getting red and his stomach was hard as a stone.pity him.I put him on the Neb but he kept crying throughout the process.The Officer said, let him be 'cos if he continues crying the gas will enter his lung more easy.I tried everything to comfort and calm him.but it didn't work.normally it will takes half an hour to get the Neb clear.however, due to Irfan kept crying, it took only 15 minutes.After settled in the Neb, he stopped crying and calling Ayah."Yah, Yah.." over and over.I felt like crying however, I comfort him by saying, "Ayah go to work.nanti Ayah balik k..".Actually Ayah will comfort him everytime after he took the Neb.That's why he looked for Ayah.The next process is clearing up.While waiting for his lung clearing up, he already starts to walked here and there.I have to confined him because the doctors asked me to do so.(yelah..kat hospital kan banyak, irfan will easily get infection if i didn't protect him).After few walks, he came to me and I asked him whether he wanted to have his milk or not.He nodded.I pour the milk and gave him but few sucks, he refuse to continue and felt uncomfortable.I quickly took the napkin and he started to cough.While coughing, he vomitted A LOT of liquid (kahak) in yellow colour.I wash him after that and he starts calling Ayah again and again.I know, he wants Ayah to comfort him due to I already 'paksa' Irfan with the Neb.So, in this case, I am the bad one and Ayah is the good one.But i know it will settle once we got back home.Anyway, the doctor said his lung is cleared already and she ask me to go to the pharmacy for the prescription.While waiting the pharmacist to prepare the prescription, irfan already walked around the A&E, in and out.I quickly get the prescription and lift him up.At this stage I already felt a little bit exhausted due to carrying the heavy-big-backpack and in front of me am lifting irfan.we went to the car park, i put him in the car seat, comfort him that we going to Ayah (he refused to sit in 'cos he thinks he can sit safely beside me while am driving), starts the engine and went back home.He fall asleep in the car.

When arrived home, I bathed irfan and cooked our lunch, eat up, and get sleep due to our hard work in the morning.Ayah arrived home around 2, I woke up and pray, continue our sleep until 5pm.hehehe.

Later at night, Ayah's cousin pay a visit and we stayed up a little longer (takpe, petang dah puas tidur..hehe..)and sleep at 2am.

i know i didn't save the day, but somehow i've passed His test and i am my baby's saviour.AlhamduLILLAH..


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © Pengedar Shaklee Kota Warisan, Dengkil, Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi dan KLIA. | All Rights Reserved | Designed by Whitey Mommy Back to Top | Sign in